Thursday, December 8, 2011

Project #5: You’re the Curator!

          After going to the Met, I have witnessed many interesting pieces of art from all over the world. But if I were to create my own exhibit it will be called Art in the Sky. The art pieces I chose to place in my Exhibit is Red Sunset on the Dnieper by Arkhip Ivanovich Kuindzhi, Copehagen Harbor by the Moonlight by Johan Christian Dahl, and Two Towers by lfred Stieglitz. 
             There are many things in common about these three artworks. One thing that is the same in these artworks are that all show the skyline of their cities from that time period. From New York to Russia to Cophagen. For example lfred Stieglitz's Two Towers show how New York City looked after a snow storm in 1913 pointing at two skyscrapers in the skyline. While Johan Christian Dahl's Copehagen Harbor by the Moonlight  shows the docks of Copehegen while the sun is still rising. 
               The reason I chose these painting is because its shows each city from a distance. Each artist captured each of their city during that time period. Such as Copenhagen Harbor by Moonlight, Johan Christian Dahl captures how it was for traders and dockers in Copenhagen and how many of them started their day. In Exhibit is Red Sunset on the Dnieper, this artwork shows the sunset in Dnieper Russia but if u carefully look down you can see trees and other landscape from the Dnieper Russia. 
                 As you can see If I had to create an Exhibit it will be about artists that capture parts of a city thought art. I also feel that these three pieces of art capture what my exhibit will be like.
Copehagen Harbor by the Moonlight by Johan Christian Dahl 
1846


Two Towers by lfred Stieglitz 1913

Red Sunset on the Dnieper Arkhip by Ivanovich Kuindzhi 
1905–8
Mother and Child by the Sea

Mother and Child by the Sea
Johan Christian Dahl 1830
Highway and Small Town
Highway and Small Town
Johan Hagemeyer 1947

1 comment:

  1. Rakesh,
    you did a really great job! I could've never thought of such a unique theme! I think all the artworks you've chosen are breathtaking, but my favorite is "Red Sunset on the Dnieper Arkhip"!!!

    ReplyDelete